The goal of WP4 is to evaluate the potential use of innovative biomarkers of CKD in the context of a screening programme for older people.
The specific objectives of the WP are:
- To collect blood and urine samples and to ensure quality of storage and shipment;
- To perform laboratory assessment of the alternative biomarkers of kidney function (cystatin C, beta2-microglobulin, beta-trace protein);
- To perform laboratory assessment of innovative biomarkers of kidney function (-omics);
- To ensure quality of assays;
- To perform biomarkers data analysis.
WP Leader: Uppsala University